Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Engineers, develops, troubleshoots, and supports solutions and infrastructure for the companys Managed Security portfolio. Responsible for identifying buy vs build capabilities, working with internal stakeholders and vendors to identify most optimal solution. Responsible for documenting technical solution that is used for ongoing support and troubleshooting, and training. Ensure ongoing scale, management and monitoring of deployed solution
The Main Responsibilities
- Provides technical innovation and leadership capabilities to the Security Engineering organization
- Provides innovative direction on product technology trends
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends, communicates, and implements capabilities to ensure scale, effeciencies and capabilities of DDOS Product portfolio
- Take architectural designs to identify and engineer solutions
- Implement solutions into production
- Identify areas of automation to provide better scale and support effeciencies
- Provide technical documentation on solutions for ongoing support and training to technical sales teams and operations
- Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; fosters teamwork and collaboration
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to effectively lead a diverse, multi-functional department.
- Individual must possess a passionate drive to achieve outstanding, timely, and quality results which includes operating best in class telecommunications and network facilities.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and communications skills to successfully interact as a member of the engineering team and with the leadership of World Class Customers and vendors.
- Exhibit a relentless drive to operate at the highest levels of excellence and process efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage vendor and contract resources in the best interests of the Company
- Confident and mature individual with a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and a can do attitude
- 10+ years of progressively expanding responsibilities and experience in telecommunications, networking, technology management or security operations
- Ability to work with highly technical teams across a diverse technical discipline (development, engineering, documentation, communication, etc)
- Experience with industry leading security technologies
- Established high value relationships with industry leading security vendors
- Previous experience with designing DDOS infrastructure deployments
- Experience with Arbor/Netscout appliance and virtual based solutions
- Experience with Radware DefenseFlow, DefensePro, APvision
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at DDoS Mitigation Engineer – Remote [glassdoor.com]