The DC systems Specialist shall work to improve and maintain all the infrastructure servers OS and the administration application such as Exchange, webserver, and SharePoint. He will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of the production servers, most of which are business critical. The DC systems Specialist will be expected to conduct system analysis and improvement, with limited support and direction from other staff, to keep systems current with changing technologies as well as supporting the company’s business activities. He will be responsible for emergency on call response as needed to correct system failures as well as assisting in the maintenance and support of production systems.
The OS Administrator should possess experience in system administration in both Linux/Solaris and mainly Microsoft servers. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, the OS Administrator is expected to learn these technologies quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as productively in teams
- Proficiency in producing technical documentation utilizing standard Microsoft products
- Demonstrated success with administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects
- Experience prioritizing tasks.
- Two to three years of experience working with at least one variant of UNIX OS
- Previous programming or scripting experience scripting (i.e. BASH shell, C shell or Korn shell)
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance
- A good problem solver
- Proficiency with UNIX (e.g. AIX, Solaris, Linux) and Windows Server operating systems
- Proficient in IT admin systems in particular, SharePoint, Exchange, and Webservers.
- knowledge of standard backup infrastructures (HP Data Protector)
- System-level security procedures
- Talented at diagnosing and remedying serious server related problems and/or failures promptly and effectively
- Highly skilled in virtualization, knowledge of VMware/Vsphere technologies or other Hypervisors
- Experience maintaining servers for standard internet services such as NFS, Samba, LPR printing, CUPS, and FTP services
- Experience and talent diagnosing LAN/WAN based TCP/IP issues
- Proficiency in SAN storage technologies
Experience and Education
- 7+ years of experience in management and administration of Windows/Unix systems
- 5+ years in network technologies namely TCP/IP, client servers, and data Center systems administration
- 5+ in administering Microsoft admin application (i.e. Exchange, SharePoint, Webservers)
- 3+ years of experience in Virtualization and managing virtual servers environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Microsoft and Unix Certifications are a plus
If interested, please apply at DC Systems Specialist (indeed.com)