Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
The DB Administrator manages and supports a suite of cloud and on-premises hosted databases, ensuring the target availability of said environments and providing high-quality technical/functional support to internal clients.
What you’ll do
- Administers and supports a set of databases and tools in accordance with predefined objectives and SLAs.
- Administers and supports Database cloud and on-premises environments and optimizes them accordingly with the requirements.
- Leads and participates in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases.
- Maintains optimal customer satisfaction levels.
- Works with the development team to maximize service availability and advance the scope of support.
- Monitors, updates, and maintains existing infrastructure.
- Processes automation using orchestration tools(Chef, Ansible, Salt-Stack, etc.).
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities.
- Creates and maintains detailed technical documentation.
- Is fully responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- Oversees database security.
- Stays informed of best practices and develop leading expertise in the company’s technologies.
- Troubleshoots complex database system related issues.
- Provides Level 2/3 database support.
- Ensures daily monitoring, maintenance and backup activities.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of development team.
- Collaborates with hardware, OS, Sysadmins and technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environments.
What you’ll bring as experience
- College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- At least 2 to 5 years’ experience in managing on-premises and cloud hosted databases.
- Good working experience with cloud providers like AWS or/and Azure.
- Good skills in managing SQL and NoSQL databases (MSSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.) in cloud hosted infrastructure.
- Good skills in optimizing, tuning and improving performance for database systems using built-in and third party tools.
- Good understanding of monitoring tools and technologies like Zabbix, Grafana, ELK ( ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Basic Python or Bash scripting.
- Generic OS knowledge on Linux Server and Windows Server;
- General knowledge of GIT;
- Basic knowledge of process automation tools (SaltStack, Chef, Ansible etc.).
- Basic skills using cloud automation tools (CloudFormation or Terraform).
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others.
- Understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems.
What you’ll bring as a colleague
- Good written and oral knowledge of English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to adapt and integrate rapidly;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Autonomous, but also the ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced DEVOPS environment.
If interested, please apply to Database Administrator (ubisoft.com)