Schroders, with headquarters in London, employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating in 37 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 400 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. For our private clients we provide tailor made investment solutions and complementary financial services. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We also specialize in providing high-quality private equity solutions to our clients.
Founded in 1997, Schroder Adveq is a leading asset manager investing in private equity globally and is offering specialized investment solutions that enable our clients to access select private market segments through primary, secondary, and direct/co-investments.
To expand our Investment Management-Team in Zurich, we are looking for a highly motivated colleague that is complementing our team as:
Data Science Developer
- Act as Pioneer for data science innovation in private equity
- Support, inform and influence the investment management process
- Development, quality assurance and ongoing maintenance of apps and algorithms
- Play a key role in familiarising data scientists with software development tools and best practice
- Work with the Data Scientists to identify processes that can be optimized or automated
- Ad hoc data science projects as an integrated part of the Investment Management team
- Close coordination with the other members of the data science, IT and Investment teams
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, such as computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related field, or 3+ years of experience in a relevant role
- Passion for the job with high motivation and strong work ethic
- Expert knowledge of R including the creation of R packages
- Strong Python knowledge
- Proficiency in Bash scripting and a good knowledge of the Linux environment
- Experience with Docker
- Strong interest in and knowledge of computer and data science as well as analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work independently within a cross-functional team with strong interpersonal abilities
- High levels of organizational skills to sustain momentum in multiple work streams
- Fluent in English, any other languages is a plus
- Experience in the financial industry, private equity or venture capital is not required but would be a plus
We offer an appealing job, a diverse and supportive working environment as well as modern employment conditions in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial business. If you like making an impact within a highly motivated team as well as working from home, then apply online with your complete application. The office is located only 5 minutes from Zurich-Oerlikon station.
If interested, please apply at Data Science Developer [indeed.com]