Munich , Germany
APA Cyber is responsible for the development of Cyber insurance business in Asia Pacific and Africa. Our setup is truly international, with teams in Munich and Singapore, and colleagues spread around various offices of the international organization. Our target is ambitious: we aim to keep our position as the leading provider for Cyber (re)insurance solutions and further generate profitable business growth. To get there, we have established a three-pillar strategy encompassing market shaping, client enabling, and risk taking. Under the pillar “client enabling,” delivering cyber-specific services for our clients is one of the most promising and tangible business opportunities for our markets. But also for the “risk taking” and “market shaping” pillars, we rely on sound technical expertise to develop a sustainable cyber insurance market offering and to ensure future growth.
We are looking for a cyber risk specialist who is as energized as we are to further develop our cyber insurance portfolio, has a sound level of expertise regarding IT security and ideally cyber insurance, and enjoys working in a team of business entrepreneurs in this emerging class of business.
- Conducting cyber-related risk assessment of single commercial risks (SME up to large corporations, with a focus on mid-market)
- Continuously improving relevant cyber risk assessment standards and questionnaires
- Providing cyber security advice & training for Munich Re clients and internal stakeholders
- Assisting with customer workshops on risk assessments, cyber security trends, and the threat landscape
- Thought leadership: Development of topic papers with focus on threat landscape; novel or commodized attack vectors; and policy coverage implications, trends & regulation
- Trend-scouting in the cyber insurance market and threat landscape, and transferring it into strategic implications for our value proposition
- Supporting the cyber service network manager in the selection and review of service providers with regard to their relevance and technical skills
- Strategically extending and continuously enhancing the APA Cyber service provider network relevant for our target segments
- Performing project management of IT security-driven service models for our clients
- Proven expertise and track record in the IT security field; incl. relevant certifications (e.g.; ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer, CISSP/CISM, GIAC, CISA, CCSP/CCSK)
- Track record with excellent contribution in managing of and participating in projects
- Experience in cyber insurance or cyber incident response are beneficial
- High degree of client, service, and result orientation
- Expert appearance to represent Munich Re’s interests externally and engage with group-wide stakeholders
- Strong teamwork skills with internal and external members
- Proven entrepreneurial and can-do attitude
- High degree of communication and knowledge-sharing culture
- English is a must, skills in German and/or Asian languages are advantageous
- Willingness to travel
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Cyber Risk Specialist (indeed.com)