At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Cyber Range is an exciting program at Palo Alto Networks, enabling organizations to enhance or develop security best practices knowledge in a dynamic, simulated network environment. The program assists companies in maintaining the security of their networks amidst their networks’ vast and fast transformations – in every industry, every geography.
In this role, reporting to the Cyber Range Technical Director and matrixed into the Operations Manager, the Guide must:
- Teach and maintain proficiency in all course curriculum – network and cloud security, and SOC automation;
- Lead and maintain a dynamic workshop environment, across 10-15 participants, to ensure active engagement across the group – this is a simulation, not a passive ‘teach from a book or powerpoint’ experience;
- Be ready to handle dynamic participant questions in the above disciplines;
- Travel to any location globally at least 3 weeks out of 4 to meet the demands of this highly popular program
- Lead a dynamic workshop environment on his/her own against a demanding and challenging cyber threat scenario backdrop. During these workshops, the CR Guide must take the delegates or participants, of varying skill, knowledge levels, and disciplines, through exercises that enable their understanding of, and enforce, key business and security best practices as they traverse these cumulative exercises.
- Be capable of maintaining and performing level 2 diagnostics of their range environment – regardless of day of the week, city location or venue (often changing every week), following the provided service operating procedures.
The successful candidate for this role can demonstrate the following skills and characteristics, with at least 5+ years in a technical, instructional role:
- Technical acumen & agility – Be able to guide and lead discussions on dynamic approaches to a cyber security problem or cyber security adoption challenge. Provide examples of how you successfully engaged, in a principal/consultant role, with one or more of the following for this purpose: NetOps, Security Architects, Lead Engineers, DevOps, SecDevOps or similar practitioners – to assist them in the application of security best practices.
- Security best practices expertise – Demonstrate strong knowledge of security best practices such as Zero Trust networking, distributed security models, protection of data, shared security models or defence in depth.
- Cybersecurity business acumen – Demonstrate a strong grasp of the business impact of cyber security policy and technology implementation decisions on the success or failure of the business, and the need for a balance between these often conflicting demands.
- Innovative Thinking – Be able to lead innovative or lateral approaches to problems or requirements which have provided benefit to the delivery of a program or project.
- Self-Motivated – Demonstrate such work with Customers as an individual contributor with little or no guidance from other aspects of the team.
- Instructional Skills – Have at least 5 years principle or consultation thought and practice leadership skills in a technical discipline.
- Presentation & documentation skills – Demonstrate a strong ability to prepare and communicate in English, in both written and oral presentation, for technical briefings & presentations, policies & procedures, technical documentation and correspondence.
- Flexibility – Be able to work in a fluid and dynamic manner as it applies to the work day, being flexible to travel where and when needed, 75% of the time, for the changing business needs.
- Technical Skills – extremely competent in the Palo Alto Networks product portfolio, networking, DLP, virtualisation and Public Cloud Services
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Cyber Range Technical Trainer (indeed.com)