In a world where threats and threats evolve and become more complex every day, it is increasingly important to quickly detect potential attacks. In this way, a quick response can keep the impact of an incident as small as possible. Do you want to work in a team where this is in the DNA, and where people work every day to put this philosophy into practice? Do you want to analyze and investigate incidents and contribute every day to the continuous learning process to achieve this? Do you want to be part of the beating heart of a Security Operations Center? Then Cegeka has a tailor-made challenge for you!
What does the job entail?
As a cyber security engineer in Cegeka’s Security Operations Center you mainly work in the PROTECT, DETECT & RESPOND capabilities:
- You work as an engineer within the Security Operations Center of Cegeka, and you support and advise Cegeka and its customers in day-to-day operations. This includes incident management, digital forensics, security monitoring, …
- Within the team, personal initiative and proactive cooperation on new solutions are strongly encouraged. Thanks to your enthusiasm and expertise, you work and help build new solutions that have an impact on the security of Cegeka and its customers.
- You analyze and investigate incidents that come to our SIEM, EDR and NDR tooling, and you become an incident responder in these technologies.
- You are passionate about digital forensics, you get energy from researching an incident, finding the root cause and reporting it, both in writing and verbally.
- You understand that the efficiency of a CSIRT team stands or falls with the quality of the process, and you contribute to this every day.
- You will be actively involved in improvement processes and your personal contribution has an impact on the technical achievements of tomorrow.
- You support in 2nd and 3rd e line security incident handling and following security incidents using predefined procedures.
- You propagate the mission and philosophy of the department every day, and encourage your colleagues and customers to follow these principles.
Who are we looking for?
- The Cyber Security Incident Response Engineer has a deep passion for the following aspects / technologies:
- Scripting (bash, python, powershell is a plus);
- System administration (Red Hat, Debian, Windows is a plus);
- Networking (in collaboration with Cegeka’s NOC);
- Big Data (Splunk);
- SIEM technology;
- MITER ATT & CK and other relevant methodologies and frameworks.
- You are also passionate about the following security capabilities:
- Security Monitoring;
- Forensics and Incident Management is not only your expertise, it also gives you energy every day;
- Threat Intelligence;
- EDR Tooling;
- You feel like a fish in water within Cegeka’s result-oriented, no-nonsense approach.
- You think along in function of the (internal) customer and you have good communication skills in Dutch and English.
- You can work independently, you are a flexible and stress-resistant team player.
Why grow with Cegeka?
- Very exciting and varied job in a dynamic and growing company.
- Room for personal growth and numerous possibilities.
- A motivating salary package in line with your responsibilities and experience.
- Fringe benefits, such as meal vouchers, hospitalization and group insurance.
- You will have a company car.
If interested, please apply at Cyber Security Incident Response Engineer at Cegeka [cegeka.com]