- A cloud infrastructure specialist is an IT expert responsible for the design, planning, management, maintenance, and support, and any other technological duties associated with an organization’s cloud computing environment.
- A cloud infrastructure specialist will generally be responsible for the planning, design, development, management, maintenance and support of compute, network, and storage systems and subsystems on IBM Cloud.
- They are also responsible for monitoring the consumption of cloud resources, request fulfillment turnaround, application performance, and systems security posture.
- They may be required to write codes, test and debug various levels, as well as document those issues and resolutions.
- They carry out sophisticated file maintenance routines, large networks, computer accounting, and manage advanced software packages to ensure that the overall system functions optimally.
- The cloud infrastructure specialist provides complex technical expertise on all phases of cloud journey, contributes to the development of project plans, and assigns and monitors tasks required to implement a project.
- They are also responsible for designing technical solutions on IBM Cloud, adhering to the customer’s requirements, creating functional design specifications, IBM Cloud reference architectures, and also render support with other project deliverables as necessary.
- A cloud infrastructure specialist also offers recommendations with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for IBM Cloud adoption.
- minimum of 5-7 years prior experience in Cloud Computing such as Intel, AMD, CPU/GPU and Power
- Virtualization such as VMware and Xen
- Storage such as NFS/iSCSI and vSAN
- Containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Networking such as software-defined networking VMware, Juniper, Cisco, Level3, AT&T, WAN, MPLS, BGP, etc.
- SAP and other enterprise apps represents an advantage.
Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this interesting opportunity.