The Cloud DevOps engineer develops and maintains infrastructure to support PaaS, IaaS and CaaS applications. The engineer provides strategic innovative and cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule. The position reports to the Cloud infrastructure manager.
- Collaborates with designers, developers and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications, focusing on DevOps.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders on efficient continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Builds and maintains a cloud deployment infrastructure for secure cloud applications.
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, and product managers and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users’ experience.
- Minimum Information Systems/Computer Science/Software Engineering related degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Strong working experience in Python, Bash, Linux and experience with Node.js.
- Knowledge of Restful architecture and use cases
- Knowledge of security principles (Oauth2, JWT, OpenAPI)
- Basic knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Experience with Google cloud platform and developing applications hosted on GCP
- Strong working experiences of containerization technologies – Docker, Kubernetes
- Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery (Jenkins etc.)
- Has setup CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, VSTS or similar tools
- Knowledge of trade-offs among PaaS, CaaS and IaaS cloud based solutions
- Willing to work in Kuala Lumpur.
- Proficient in English and Malay languages.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Cloud DevOps engineer (indeed.com)