THIS IS A REMOTE-BASED POSITION LOCATED IN KANSAS OR MISSOURI.
We are looking for an account executive who is passionate about marketing, cloud innovation, the power of real-time behavioral data and transforming customers.
Calix believes that the company with the best data wins and that our customers, communication service providers (CSP) of all sizes, are best positioned to win when they adopt our end-to-end Revenue Edge solution to deliver the ultimate home experience. The opportunity to win and dominate a market is best proven by Triangle Communications, a small rural CSP, who has used the power of behavioral analytics to dominate their market – forcing a large Tier 1 competitor to close their office in that market while driving record results including a 48% increase in revenue per subscriber.
The Calix leadership team is committed to our mission of transforming our customers and is filled with leaders who have achieved that mission through their careers including: Carl Russo, CEO, who led the $7B sale of Cerent – one of the largest private sales in history before co-founding Calix, Michael Weening, EVP of Global Operations who has led transformation teams in Tokyo, London and across North America with Salesforce.com, Microsoft, Dell and Bell, Mark Dressler, SVP Global Sales, who is a Calix and industry veteran, Martha Galley, VP Customer Engagement who built the Customer Success model for SMB across a $3.5B business at Salesforce.com and ran businesses across North and South America at Microsoft, Matt Collins, CMO, who has a long track record of building the top marketing teams in any industry at Dun & Bradstreet, IBM, McKinsey and Merk, and Dan Bloch, VP of Global Solutions Sales, who has a long history of building successful teams at Microsoft and Oracle.
If you are an innovative and driven cloud sales executive who is passionate about transformation, this is your opportunity to help us transform CSPs of all sizes into companies that completely dominate their market. We are growing the cloud and solution sales team that is responsible for partnering with the CSP’s marketing and product teams to transform how they leverage data, from Calix Marketing Cloud, when and how they launch marketing campaigns in partnership with our industry leading Customer Success team, and how they place a storefront in every subscriber home that allows them to quickly integrate and launch of products such ProtectIQ, ExperienceIQ and from our growing partner ecosystem.
Being a world-class seller on the Marketing Strategy and Solutions team you will:
- Contribute to and execute on the overall account plan for the accounts you are selling into to deliver maximum revenue potential as our customers launch their go-to-market plans leveraging the power of the cloud and fast-to-market solutions.
- Manage complete and complex sales-cycles often presenting to C-level executives and business leaders the value of Calix Marketing Cloud, Customer Success and our Smart Home & Business solutions.
- Evangelize and promote the Revenue Edge vision through product demonstrations, in-market events, and account specific initiatives.
- Use the latest tools, including salesforce.com, and its many add-ons to understand your market opportunity, competitors (Both our competitors and the CSP’s competitors), coordinate as a virtual team, forecast sales activity and revenue while helping our clients succeed in their market.
Calix is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you will be empowered to sell business applications solutions and be set up for success. Our goal is to build an organization of smart, ambitious sales leaders, who are constantly learning and growing, while fulfilling our mission of enabling our client’s success in a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle.
At Calix, integrity, teamwork, constant learning and growth are as important as talent and effort. Successful Calix team members are rewarded with both opportunities to grow their career and one of the most aggressive total compensation packages in the industry.
- 5+ years of quota carrying software/cloud sales and account management experience
- A passion for and deep understanding of marketing tools and techniques, and product management processes.
- Ability to learn the business of our customers, their go-to-market best practices and coach their teams to success.
- Experience working in virtual teams, with solutions engineers, customer success and the dedicated account teams to manage sales cycles from business champion to CEO/CFO/GM level.
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles and demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management.
- Demonstrated solution and consultative selling experience, as this role will be focused on acting as the trusted advisor to the business units of our CSP customers.
- A passion for learning new solutions and technologies while being passionate about marketing and product management. The candidate will be constantly learning and leveraging those learnings to raise the performance of their customers in partnership with the Customer Success team.
- The Calix team is distributed, and most team members enjoy the opportunity to work remotely. This high-performance culture fosters a competitive, collaborative and cooperative environment where successful team members understand what it takes to partner internally and externally to drive client success.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience selling cloud solutions platforms and business solutions, preferably into marketing and product management organizations.
- Understanding and passion for solutions such as social media platforms, marketing innovation, internet of things, business solutions and best practices.
- Enterprise cloud or software solutions expertise preferred.
- Passion for learning and the drive to succeed.
- Proficiency in sales methodologies such as SPIN selling, Karrass negotiation training, salesforce.com expected.
- Post-secondary education and a demonstrated track record of ongoing learning preferred
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Cloud Account Executive – Kansas (glassdoor.com)