EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
- Design and implement new features or new additions to existing features within Career Manager, Career Player and all types of Tournament modes
- Work with Production, Game Designers and Interface Designers, to gather requirements and write technical design specifications
- Monitor performance and career mode stability impact from your changes and address any issues that may arise
- Own your piece of feature/subfeature entirely. This often means you will be in charge of implementing the BE logic, game flows and UI screen plus any UI custom components that are required.
- You will report your progress to the career mode’s lead and team manager.
- You will be part of a dynamic team focused to deliver high-quality features, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with developing new features every year.
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles
- 2+ years experience in C++ software development
- Ability to quickly understand high complexity existing and unfamiliar code and be able to modify it.
- Ability to adapt to existing multiple coding styles
- Ability to embrace challenges and find innovative ways to overpass them
- Experience in ActionScript or open-minded to learn the basics of it.
- Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity or Unreal UI frameworks or web front-end development) is very nice to have
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL is nice to have
- Experience on working within an agile team is nice to have
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
If interested, please apply at Career Mode Software Engineer – FIFA (EA)