The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
Reporting to the programming team lead, the candidate will be part of an international team working on the Motion middleware inside Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
Motion is a real time physics engine able to simulate soft (Motion Cloth) and rigid (Motion Physics) bodies, composed of an SDK and associated tools/editors.
This middleware is integrated in most of Ubisoft’s AAA games and supports home consoles and PCs.
- The main tasks of a Tools Specialist are to:
- Actively participate in the design and evolution of tools according to the team’s roadmap
- Develop, integrate and build tests for those tools
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
- Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help integrate the SKD and tools in their production pipeline and optimize the performance
- Correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and features
- The work is done following the SCRUM methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- Good spoken/written English
- Highly experienced in C# and WPF
- Good knowledge of algorithms and OOP
- 3D math skills
- Knowledge of (game) physics will be a plus
- Good knowledge of C++, will be a plus
- Previous experience working on game consoles will be a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Attention to details
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Fast learner
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- You can take part in internal trainings, because we want you to expand your knowledge
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management.
- If you want to relax after work, our library also provides video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time.
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends
- If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio.
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
If interested, please apply at C# Tools Specialist (ubisoft.com)