Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
You will be a part of our accomplished network team, driving our technology forward to power future Frostbite titles. In the team, we collaborate daily. We learn from each other and work together to make sure game teams around the world can create amazing multiplayer experiences for our players. You will report to our Senior Engineering Manager.
- Together with the team build the next generation networking system
- Support and work with game teams around the world to provide continuous improvements on existing features in the engine
- 5+ years of experience with C++
- Profiling and optimization skills
- Experience working in the game industry
- Network or Online experience
- Experience from game engines such as Frostbite, Unreal or Unity
- Experience writing software for environments with limited resources
- Experience with agile development practices
- Been part of a team shipping a game
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our Stockholm studio
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at C++ Software Engineer – Network Team – Frostbite [ea.com]