We are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Frostbite Engine Team
The worldwide Frostbite team works on AI, Rendering, Animation, Physics and other engine features that are used across EA games.
The mission of the Frostbite AI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse AI and gameplay needs of game teams throughout the world, such as: Pathfinding/Navigation, Crowd Simulations (Swarm), Character Behavior Authoring and Machine Learning.
You will be a Software Engineer that develops gameplay AI tools for the Frostbite Engine. You will work with peers from multiple game studios and the worldwide Frostbite team to develop the pathfinding and navigation systems for Frostbite. We hope you will join our team to improve the AI technology forward and contribute to the success of EA’s biggest titles. You will report directly to the team’s Engineering Manager to help you work on your career goals.
- Develop high-quality code to provide features for EA’s flagship products.
- Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other software engineers.
- Work with the game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies.
- For candidates with the right mix of technical experience and collaborative, Frostbite provides a stimulating work environment where you can solve exciting and rewarding projects that make real impact on the games enjoyed by millions.
- Work collaboratively to provide high-quality cross-platform products in C++ in an Agile development environment.
- Work on all aspects of software engineering, including testing, debugging, documentation, optimization and integration.
- Ensure our designs are simple and effective, backed up with great documentation and testing to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- Work with leaders and senior team members to understand customer needs and delivering Incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
- Provide solid estimates for new, un-scoped work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years of experience developing video games technology
- Mastery of C++ OOP practices (algorithms, data structures, design patterns, STL extensions)
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling and optimization
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience with pathfinding and navigation algorithms and workflows used in video games
- Experience with spatial reasoning libraries such as NavPower or Detour
- Experience with mesh construction toolsets such as Recast
- Focus on software quality, performance, and testability
- Experience with math and numerical methods
- Experience in Agile software development
- Basic exposure to other programming and scripting languages such as C# or Python
The Benefits of Becoming Part of the Team:
- Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
- Make friends among brilliant and fun people
- Learn a massive amount of knowledge, skills and professional software development practices
- Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
- Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
- Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
- Can establish personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
- Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to work with game and engine teams
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at C ++ Pathfinding Software Engineer [ea.com]