Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
You will be part of an international team working on the Motion middleware.Motion is a real time physics engine able to simulate soft (Motion Cloth) and rigid (Motion Physics) bodies, composed of an SDK and associated tools/editors. This middleware is integrated in most of Ubisoft’s AAA games and supports home consoles and PCs.
Your main mission:
- Actively participate in the design and evolution of APIs & tools according to the team’s road-map;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Open to suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems;
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help integrate the SKD and tools in their production pipeline and optimize the performance;
- Correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team;
- You will document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and features;
- You will work in SCRUM methodology.
What you’ll bring as experience:
- Highly experienced in C++ programming
- Good knowledge of algorithms and OOP
- Strong 3D math skills
- Knowledge of (game) physic will be a plus
- Good knowledge of C# and WPF will be a plus
- Previous experience working on game consoles will be a plus
What You’ll Bring As a Colleague:
- Good teamwork abilities;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; we work directly with teams around the world;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests;
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills;
- Attention to details;
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Ability to keep up in a fast paced environment.
If interested, please apply at C++ Engine Programmer for Physics Simulation Middleware (ubisoft.com)