Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
We are currently seeking for a motivated Build Engineer to be part of Ubisoft Bucharest Development Team.
Your main mission:
You will work on cutting-edge engine technology, building and supporting development infrastructure to create exciting game experiences and features. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
The Build Engineer will support the production team in areas of SCM (branch operation, code merges), build scripts and CI/CD pipeline throughout the product lifecycle.
- Work with a team of specialists, create and maintain automated processes;
- Work in close collaboration with different Ubisoft teams (QC, Development, Art) and studios to optimize the build and deployment pipeline;
- Monitor Build System for failures and errors;
- Continually maintain and improve automation scripts and tools for the project and support users of the build systems;
- Administers hardware and software resources for the build farm;
- Provide support for the production tools and automation pipeline;
- Document and update build creation, management and deployment processes.
Source Control (Perforce):
- Provide support for the team;
- Administration of users, groups, permissions, file types and general instance configuration;
- Branch management / integration.
What you’ll bring as experience:
- Experience working with at least one build system (eg. Quickbuild, Teamcity, Jenkins);
- Proficiency in C# programming language or one of the following scripting languages: PowerShell, Python, Shell, Batch scripting;
- Strong knowledge of a source control system (eg. Perforce, Git);
- Good knowledge of Windows environment (eg. registries, file system, networking);
- Basic knowledge of RESTful APIs;
- Basic knowledge of database management systems (eg. MySQL);
- Passion for games;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude;
- A drive to learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with game engines and game development interfaces is a plus;
- Previous experience as a Build Engineer or similar position is a plus.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
If interested, please apply at Build Engineer for Production Department (Quality Management) [ubisoft.com]