Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
The IT Department of Ubisoft is looking for a Junior Applications Administrator. You will be reporting to a team lead and you will manage and support a suite of in house developed tools and applications, ensure the target availability of said environments and provide high-quality technical/functional support to internal clients.
What you’ll do
- Administer, support and monitor a set of applications and tools in accordance with predefined objectives and SLAs within company;
- Install, configure and support PeopleSoft and Sterling environments;
- Manage the securities and access rights in PeopleSoft environments; solve the incidents or anomalies (Security access, Process errors etc.);
- Apply fixes and updates in the production environment for the support cases;
- Perform migrations and deployments in the production environment for different systems;
- Work on automatizing the daily tasks, monitoring tasks and maintenances;
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics and able to identify possible performance issues/enhancements, you will be working with monitoring tools like Zabbix, OEM;
- Troubleshoot complex application system related an issue;
- Ensure the corrective maintenance action and ensure their quality;
- Work with the development team to maximize service availability and participate to projects;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities;
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation;
- Establish procedures to improve quality and productivity;
- Remain informed of best practices and develop leading expertise in the firm’s technologies;
- Understand and work with different type of databases – Teradata, Snowflake, SQL Server.
What you’ll bring as experience
- At least 1-2 year experience in administering critical applications;
- College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science;
- Knowledge of Windows or Linux OS is a considerable asset;
- Knowledge of MS SQL or another type of database is a considerable asset;
- Knowledge of programming (basic level or higher): T-SQL / PL-SQL or Phython / Powershell/ Shell scripting / .NET are a considerable asset;
- Knowledge of Configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, Terraform or other similar tools are a considerable asset.
What you’ll bring as a colleague
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to adapt and integrate rapidly;
- Fast learner;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a “can do” attitude
- Integrity and trustworthiness;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills;
- Organization skills;
- Understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
If interested, please apply at Applications Administrator (ubisoft.com)