We are looking for an Animator to join our Production teams.
- Understands the main needs of the consumer and makes sure that the elements developed by him/her will contribute to the satisfaction and the entertainment of the consumer;
- Delivers work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project;
- Work alongside the other departments and disciplines to understand both the Design and the Engine limitations and deliver the best functional animations possible;
- Animate characters, cameras or objects used for real time or pre-calculated sequences;
- Integrate animations to the game while ensuring technical constraints are met;
- Deliver animatic and quick draft animation to proof idea;
- Produce final, high quality animation from scratch, pre-designed draft or motion capture footage;
- Participate in the creation and realization of in-game animations as well as of cinematic sequences;
- Follows the quality standards, the aspects of the game wanted as well as the respect of the deadlines;
- Share his/her experience and help the less experienced members of the team;
- Reports to the Lead Animator / Technical Director.
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in the game development industry;
- Knowledge of a 3d package – 3DSMAX, Character Studio and MotionBuilder;
- Have a good understanding of animation principles – timing, weight and staging;
- Good knowledge and experience in keyframing executing convincing, realistic, well timed animations;
- Good rigging skills, understands all aspects of character rigging and skinning;
- Good understanding of motion capture technique and mo-cap data processing knowledge;
- Good understanding of acting;
- Very good artistic skills;
- Critical analysis and problem solving;
- Self-motivated with proactive attitude to improve own qualifications;
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism;
- Ability to learn game engine tools and pipeline;
- Effectively shares his knowledge and is able to coach less experienced people;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize his work in the context of given timescales and quality requirements;
- Very good English skills;
We consider a plus:
- Experience in the gaming industry will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in melee combat animation system;
- Experience with hitbox based gameplay systems;
- Scripting (maxscript, python).
Applications without portfolio won’t be considered!
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
If interested, please apply at Animator (Animation) [ubisoft.com]