Your main mission
As the Animation Director you will be responsible for the gameplay and cinematic animation content for an entire project.
You will ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision in an effort to maximize the player’s experience
You are responsible for talent outreach: identifying, reaching out, meeting, and developing relationships with talent (artists, writers, directors, animators, etc.) with the goal of soliciting pitches for original AAA game content that meet the market standards and mandates.
- Set out the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine;
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents;
- Validate the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter;
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the project manager, technical director (TD) and the programming team;
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.);
- Direct the actors during MoCap sessions in order to follow the artistic vision in order to optimize the production of the animators.
What you’ll bring as experience:
- Experience in video game animation or other relevant experience with proven track record of shipped titles
- Excellent understanding of 3D workflows and most common software platforms (Motion builder, Maya, Premiere etc.)
- Good understanding of the game engine and tech limitations
- Experience working on large franchise properties
- Experience working with high profile strategic partners
What you’ll bring as a colleague:
- Creative, imaginative and artistic flair
- Good Understanding of consumer products
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while demonstrating strong design skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment;
- Knowledge and passion for animation: deep understanding of animation production;
- Outstanding people skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong Connections with the animation community;
- Strong presentation skills: written and verbal communication skills.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
If interested, please apply at Animation Director (Animation) [ubisoft.com]