EUA has an immediate opening for an Administrative Officer for its Institutional Development Unit
EUA is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic professional for its Institutional Development Unit.In addition to providing administrative support to the Unit, the Administrative Officer will coordinate evaluations of higher education institutions within the framework of the Institutional Evaluation Programme (IEP).The IEP is an independent membership service of EUA that has been designed to ensure that higher education institutions gain maximum benefit from a comprehensive evaluation conducted by a team of experienced European higher education leaders. The intention is for these evaluations to support the participating institutions in the continuing development of their strategic management and internal quality culture.The position is available immediately.
- Ensuring the timely execution of IEP evaluations from the contracting phase to the finalisation of the evaluation report, including the coordination of all logistical aspects of the site visits by high-level experts to institutions across Europe and beyond;
- Administrative support for day-to-day activities and projects such as booking travels for the unit staff, managing project finances in collaboration with EUA’s accountancy team, filing and correspondence;
- Practical organisation of meetings and events in co-operation with local hosts;
- Contributing to the dissemination and marketing efforts of IEP and other unit activities.
The position may require some travel in Europe once the conditions allow.
BACKGROUND, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- You are an administrative professional by training (for example at Bachelor’s degree level) with at least two years of experience in an administrative position, preferably within a university environment.
- Your English is fluent both in writing and speech demonstrated through working in an English-speaking and international environment.
- You are a proficient user of MSOffice and are interested in learning to use new tools.
- You have the ability to solve problems, multitask and set priorities while paying attention to detail.
- You have good interpersonal skills and express yourself confidently both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels and of diverse backgrounds.
- You are dynamic, conscientious and able to work both in a team and in an autonomous and proactive manner.
WHAT EUA OFFERS
The Association offers a permanent contract under Belgian law and an attractive remuneration package, including the full reimbursement of public transport costs, medical insurance, lunch vouchers and a pension scheme.Though staff currently work from home due to the Covid-19 crisis, the position is based in Brussels. The successful candidate would be expected to relocate in the near future, if not already based in Brussels.EUA’s dynamic and committed staff members come from across Europe and beyond and the Association highly values its diversity. The office is conveniently located in the European Quarter near the Merode metro station.
HOW TO APPLY
If your profile matches the requirements for the role, please email your CV and a motivation letter, quoting your salary expectations, to HR@eua.eu.